Friday, February 24, 2012

Peacock feather collar for the masquerade ball DIY

diy, feathers diy,feather collar,peacock feather collar, peter pan collar diy, carnival costume, costume, masquerade ball, jewelry diy, fashion diy,do it yourself

A masquerade ball is the right place to show a fancy ball dress or a statement accessory and you even risk to pass unoticed. Excess and fun are the main characteristics of Carnival. How can we transform the spirit of  this crazy feast day into something wearable? For me feathers and bright colors are the best choice. This is how the idea of this collar is born. Match it with a multi color eye make up and have fun. See how to make the collar after the jump.

Un ballo in maschera è l'occasione adatta per indossare un vestito o un accessorio vistoso rischiando anche di non essere notate. Eccesso e divertimento sono le caratteristiche principali del Carnevale. Come possiamo trasformare lo spirito della festa più pazza dell'anno in un capo indossabile? Piume e colori vivaci sono un ottima scelta ed è così che nasce l'idea di questa collana da abbinare ad un make up rigorosamente multicolor.


supply: a feather boa and some peacock feathers, a piece of black cotton and glue(lots of it)
vi serviranno: un boa di piume, qualche piuma di pavone, un ritaglio di cotone e colla
I cut the pattern twice, I sewed two pieces together then I turned the collar inside out
Ritagliate 2 volte il modello, cucite i due pezzi di stoffa uno sull'altro e poi mettete il colletto a dritto

I took off some feathers from the boa then I glued them onto the collar
Staccate le piume dal boa e incollatele sul colletto
this is how the collar looks covered by feathers
ecco il colletto coperto di piume
I added peacock feathers and then more black feathers for extra volume and fluffiness
Incollate anche le piume di pavone e continuate ad incollare piume per aggiungere volume alla costruzione 

6 comments:

Very Verace said...

What a Great Idea! Love the drammatic effect!!!

Ioana-Carmen said...

Such a nice post! Check my blog and follow me if you want!
Ioana

http://www.fashionspot.ro/

ravenamaru said...

That would be so cute with just a black strapless dress



Visit my DIY page at
www.ravenamaru.blogspot.com

( I follow everyone who follows me!)

Zane said...

looks stunning, love the idea

Rocks Paper Metal said...

I love the shape of this necklace. Great DIY idea!

www.RocksPaperMetal.com

Unknown said...

Ohh I love it! Perfect for a 20's theme party :)