Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Peplum skirt DIY

diy, fashion DIY,  skirt diy, gonna tulipano, volant,cucire,cloth diy, peplum skirt diy,  how to, tutorial, peplum skirt, s/s 2012, spring summer 2012,sew
Peplum skirt DIY Tutorial
spring summer 2012 trends,spring 2012 trends,peplum skirt,fashion shows 2012,runway
The peplum skirt on s/s 2012 runways via howtobetrendy

Today I would like to show you how make a peplum skirt. We'll transform a classic pencil skirt into an up-to-date super feminine peplum. This retro look will enhance your curves creating the illusion of a smaller waist and wider hips. Peplums are very popular right now in every form, this tutorial can also be used to make peplum tops and dresses.



Oggi vi mostrerò come realizzare una gonna a tulipano. Trasformeremo la classica gonna dritta in una  più femminile e alla moda. L'aggiunta del volant vi donerà l'effetto di una vita più stretta e di fianchi più generosi. Il look tulipano è oggi molto popolare, questo tutorial può essere utilizzato anche per aggiungere volant a top o vestiti.

Con un metro da sarta misurate la vita della gonna
I cut the circle at the back because my zipper was there, you can cut it at one side if your zipper is there.
Dividete il numero per 6.28 ottenendo così la misura del raggio R. Disegnate una circonferenza di raggio R. Aggiungete 20 cm ad R e disegnate un'altra circonferenza concentrica. Ritagliate il cerchio di stoffa.


Starting from the center pin the circle on the skirt. Make sure the open side goes close to the zipper so you can still use it. When everything is ok sew the peplum onto the skirt.

Cominciando dal centro appuntate la stoffa sulla gonna con degli spilli. Tagliate la stoffa in corrispondenza della zip. Potrete così continuare ad usarla senza problemi. Infine cucite la stoffa sulla gonna. Voilà!

17 comments:

fashion suicides said...

Oh, my God!!! That is so sweet of you ! I actually asked to show how to make a 'shirt' (not a skirt :p), but as you noted it can also be used on tops so that's amazing! I'll try that out soon and I'll let you know the result ! Can't wait ! I'm actually surprised that it's ... so simple, haha. Thank you very much, I really apreciate it!

FASHION SUICIDES!

Unknown said...

gosh this is really pretty!i hope i can make this one soon..thanks a bunch for the tutorial :)

Anonymous said...

bella bella bella!!
***
Nuovo Post: Calories Bomb

Inès said...

woaw! i love this post! i'll try to make this soon! great job!
xoxo

sarina rock said...

thank you very much for this idee
http://looktry.blogspot.de/

sarina rock said...

thank you very much for this idee
http://looktry.blogspot.de/

Molly said...

Wow, so cute!


xx
M

http://mollyeeb.blogspot.com/

ZADZIORNA said...

I really like this kind of skirt. I hope I will be able to make a similar one soon. Yours looks very nice.

MissBoomBaby ♥ said...

è una meraviglia sia il modello sia la fantasia della stoffa, davvero complimenti!

el universo de un libro said...

waoooo!!!!!!!! Es preciosa, ha quedado muy bien.

Besitos, Maria

mtg said...

Always love coming to your blog. Your diys are amazing. I think peplum is for skinny people (which I'm sure you are). With my hips I could never pull this off :(
xx
maya

Anonymous said...

Hi shawty! I am Cecilia and i find your blog amazing! but I have a boredom. I joined Blogger for some time and I still have no members! Can you please join my blog? I really need it and I promises to become member of your blog also! gracias

Anonymous said...

Very cool!
Www.oyveymylife.com

Anonymous said...

Very cool!
Www.oyveymylife.com

Unknown said...

Your creation is amazing as always!

Sylvia Salas - Dare to DIY said...

Absolutely love it!! That fabric is incredible, I like your DIY better than those catwalk inspirations. Congrats!

Matter Of Style said...

@Sylvia thank you so much! :D

thanks to everyone! glad you liked! ^__^