Friday, October 28, 2011

Man shirt makeover


Many winter looks are inspired by men style. What better than a classic man shirt to jump on seasonal trends? I spent this week examining minutely this piece of wardrobe and at the end I couldn't resist giving  it my own twist. There are many beautiful details in a man shirt: the stiff collar and cuffs,the button line so I thought it would be cool to emphasize these details and make them pop out of the shirt.  I cut out a piece from the front of the shirt and I subsituted it with a very light weighted tulle. I think I obtained a masculine look with a feminine twist, what do you think of the result? Tomorrow the tutorial!

Read the Cut out shirt tutorial now


La moda invernale si ispira al guardaroba maschile. E come non scegliere una camicia classica per interpretare il trend di stagione? Tanti sono i dettagli che rendono speciale la camicia : il colletto rigido, il bordo con i bottoni allora perchè non metterli in evidenza e farli risaltare? Ho ritagliato parte della camicia e ho sostituito il cotone con del tulle leggerissimo ottenendo così un effetto trasparenza che rende il look si androgino ma con un twist femminile. Che ne pensate? Tornate domani per il tutorial!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

very Balenciaga! bellissima.
la camicia bianca e' una delle cose che mi piace di più nella vita !!

out of order said...

love this!! great job :)

Zane said...

love this, simply perfect

Unknown said...

Fantastic Idea!! I can't wait to try it!!

www.mythriftychic.blogspot.com

shopnowsavelater said...

OMG! i love it! i am so gonna try this! and stud the collar! xoxo TY

ne said...

Love this. So simple but so chic.

Matter Of Style said...

@tj totally agree!

KAIIWONG said...

Love it !!

KAIIWONG
http://kaiiwong.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

This is so simple but such a great idea for an old button down too!

check out my blog

www.sewjayne.com