Monday, March 7, 2011

DIY inspiration:studded corset



There's a lot going on here.
Even though this is not what caught my eye,with this dress if lights switch off you have your pocket torch embedded.
The accessorry i'm in love with is the studded corset worn over this dress.
I like it because it's just the structure,the idea of a corset.
As you can see worn over an elegant dress gives some character to it.

Corset and cage dresses are made with stiff plastic bones but there's something that can maybe come handy to make this look.
I'm talking about rigilene, a rigid band sold by yard that could be easily sewn and studded.
It can be an easier to handle version of steel and plastic boning.




1 comment:

Morgane said...

This is an amazing idea! I just love this studded corset!
You have an idea how to DIY that? need to think about it, but it could be a great challenge, and I would love to have something like that in my closet!!!
Thanx for sharing the idea! :)

bisou,
morgane